Sunday, March 11, 2007

Post Card Using Needle Punched Wool




I've been playing with hand needle punching wool roving. It is an interesting technique that I rather like. I started out with raw wool roving. To get the colors I used an acid dye to dye the wool rovings. Then I used a needle tool to punch the fibers until they felt together. You can manipulate the fibers to create the look that you want. I made embellishments from the felted wool and then needle punched them onto a felted piece of wool the size of a postcard. Then I placed the little batt on my quilt batting and needle punched somemore. You can also add wool yarn to the card and punch it in. Rather a good technique to use when you have some frustrations that need to be punched out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.